Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Makeover! Sarah

Onward with makeovers!  I really L-O-V-E doing these!  I hope ya'll are enjoying them, too.

I've been so fortunate that many ladies have been volunteering to model for me, so I am getting lots of practice applying makeup to others.  It is so different to put makeup on someone else, and I have found that I am really, really, really, REALLY slow at it.  I am getting a bit faster, and hopefully I'll be able to improve with my speed with more practice.

So, next up is Sarah!  Sarah is a very busy mom of 4 beautiful children, and she wanted an easy, everyday look... but, as we started talking, I realized that she wanted to try some bolder looks for special occasions, but she didn't know what to try, and didn't really have time to play around to figure out what would look good.  And let's face it, who has time to play with makeup with 4 children to care for?  So, I derailed the plan, and tossed her in to the deep end to pull her out of her comfort zone and into some glam-time!

Here she is before we started.  She has beautiful porcelain skin, adorable freckles, and those sparkling blue-green eyes!

And here she is, after!  We gave her a deep gunmetal eye, highlighted with an amber sparkling shimmer, and a soft smudge of smoke.

Side-by-Side:

This next picture is my favorite!
 What we used:

Face:
Moisturizer: Avalon Organics Vitamin C Renewal Rejuvinating Oil-Free Moisturizer
Face: Skin79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm
Contouring Powder: Too Faced Matte Bronzing Powder in Chocolate Soleil 
Blush: tarte Cheek Stain in Blissful


Brows:


Powder: Maybelline Ultra-Brow Brush On Color in 10 LightBrown 

Lips:
All-over: Sephora Nano Lipliner in 16 Pure Pinky
All-over: Wetn Wild Megalast Matte in 915B

Eyes:
Lids: E.L.F. Essentials Eyelid Primer in Sheer
Lids: Stila palette In The Know (air on browbone)
Lids: Urban Decay palette Naked (Gunmetal all over lid, Virgin on browbone)


Lids: Stila Jewel Eye Shadow in Golden Topaz (in crease and to outer v, to soften and blend gunmetal to lower browbone)



Brushes:
RealTechniques Stipple brush
Sonia Kashuk Smokey Eye Brush Set
Angled brush for eyebrow

No comments:

Post a Comment