Monday, August 20, 2012

Five Minutes and a Sharpie

Ok, so not quite.  But, Cari asked what to do with five minutes and a sharpie, and since it was in relation to makeup and not silly things to draw on your husband while he's sleeping, here we go!

Once again NYC is making an appearance.  I swear to you I have a ton more makeup to review, but dang it, they make good stuff.  And it's cheap.  So it's cheap good stuff.  Today we have NYC Smooch Proof LipStain 16H, in Champagne Stain.  I'm assuming that "H" in the "16H" means "hours", but I can't say that it lasts quite that long.  I'd say you'll get a good 4 hours out of it with regular eating and drinking, and then you'll need to reapply.  But they are less than $5 a pop, and they look a lot like a Sharpie (hahaha! see what I did there???)

I was expecting this color to be a pale peachy pink, but it turns a dark berry on me.  Then again, keep in mind that my natural lip color goes from a plum at the lip line, to a dark berry, to a peachy pink, to a very pale peachy pink.  It's weird, and I'll take a picture one of these days to show ya'll the craziness.  So anyway, Champagne Stain looks like a berry color on me.  I topped it off with a bit of clear gloss.  Apply the clear gloss to your finger, and then smear it on your lips with your finger.  Then you won't transfer any color from your lip to your clear gloss still in the tube. Yeah, that seems obvious, but it took me forever to figure that out.

Here is my five-minute look:
I think it's not so bad.  I used:
Face:
-Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream in Light/Medium
-NYC Sun 'n' Bronze Bronzing Powder in Hamptons Radiance (for all around the edge of my face)Wet N -Wild ColorIcon bronzer in Ticket To Brazil (NOTE: This was a perfect bronzer for me when
I was tan.  Now that the tan has faded out, I use a TINY bit of this in the hollows of my cheeks, and I use it liberally for contouring my nose.  I have a huge nose.)  Today, I also used this as my eyeshadow!
-NYC Blushable Creme Stick in Berry New Yorker

Eyes:
-Merle Norman Luxiva Crystal Eyes in Diamond Girl (brow bones and inner corners of eyes)

-Cover Girl Brow and Eye Makers in Midnight Brown to fill in my eyebrows

-Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara in Extreme Black

Lips:
-NYC  Smooch Proof LipStain 16H, in Champagne Stain
-Body Shop Clear Lip Gloss

Wow, that sure does look like a lot of stuff, but it went on quickly.  Because I used bronzer for my eyeshadow, and I didn't bother with any eyeliner, the eyes went super-quick.  The mascara took the longest, and I think part of that is because I haven't used that mascara before, so the wand was messing with me.



So there are a few more pictures.  By the way, it is a TRUE 5-minute look, because my hair only took 25 seconds to do.  I did a fully-rolled sock bun last night, so I just took down the bun this morning, ran my hands through it a few times (to get any loose hairs out of there), and I was done.  I'm not going to do a tutorial on it, because it wasn't my idea, but here are the links to where I learned how to do it!  It will probably take you a few times to figure it out, and to get the curls to look right when you take your hair down, but you'll get the hang of it, and then you will have an extra hour in the morning!

Watch this one first.

Then watch this one!

And, if you want to watch her do it one more time... watch this one!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for that! There's really useful info here. I also liked the videos. What a neat way to get curls without chemicals or heat!

    ReplyDelete