Friday, August 16, 2013

Introducing our new Fitness Guru!

Hello there!  I told ya'll on Wednesday that we would be introducing our new fitness expert, so meet Tracy!


Born and raised in the Southern Wilds, I came by my love of exercise naturally. That is, I had nothing but brothers and boy cousins- all of them bigger and stronger than me.

I left home for college in the Midwest, and the Freshman 15 were kept at bay with Intramural sports. Then came the desk job and the Freshman 15 (okay... 30) caught up with me. Seems you should not eat like an athlete if you are not training like one.

Rather than opting into a size 18, I opted for some fresh air and returned to my roots and got back to the gym, then the dance studio, then the dojo...

Flash forward a decade and here we are- teaching boxing and kick boxing, competing in Brazilian Jiu-Jutsu and as a Premier Highland Dancer, and shaking my groove thang with the occasional Belly Dance class.

I learned that it is not enough to move your body, it is also important to fuel it with the best possible foods. And the simpler you keep it, the better. You have to start somewhere. Start here-

Tracy H.

B.A. Webster University
Certified Personal Trainer- WITS, ACE, NASM
200 Hour RYT (Aug. 2014)
Member British Association of Teachers of Dancing ( Sept. 2013)
Likes fighting with boys. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment