Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tutorial! How to Fill in Eyebrows


Ah, the brow.  It can have many shapes, many colors, and just about everyone has two of them!  It's also a feature that can really make or break a look.

So, how do you fill in a brow?  Well, there are several different techniques, and I'm going to tell you about mine.

First, the tools.  I use:

- CoverGirl Brow and Eye Makers in Midnight Brown 

- Maybelline Ultra Brow Brush On Color in Light Brown

- an angled makeup brush with very stiff bristles
How to fill in eyebrows
Brow, before:
How to fill in eyebrows
First, I trace the top and bottom of my brow line with the pencil.
How to fill in eyebrows

Next I lightly fill in the brow with a pencil stroke here and there.
How to fill in eyebrows


Then I use the angled brush to blend the color throughout my brow line.
How to fill in eyebrows
Then I go over all of that with a little bit of brow powder.  Now, using only the product left on the brush, I soften the start of the brow (closest to the nose), to make sure there aren't any harsh lines or un-blended product.

How to fill in eyebrows

Finally, to soften the look, I lightly wipe each brow from inner corner to outer corner, with a clean tissue.  I didn't do that for the pictures, because photos tend to wash out color a bit.  Just one swipe will do it, and don't press too hard, or you'll wipe it all right off.

So here I am before:
How to fill in eyebrows

Now with one brow done:
How to fill in eyebrows

And both brows done:
How to fill in eyebrows
 

3 comments:

  1. Your brows look good with the brown color brow pencil and powder. I tried using a dark brown--which is what I'm told I should be using for black brows--and it just looks weird. I looked like a drag queen because my black brow hair was so starkly visible against the dark brown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the general convention is to use a shade lighter than your haircolor, but I think that only works on medium blond to dark brown hair. White, grey, ultra-pale blond and black hair ladies look better matching their haircolor exactly, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're right. I found a really dark dark brown and tried that the other day; it was better but still much more noticeable than when I just use black. My brows are black and my hair is silver (prematurely gray) so by your guide, I should definitely stick with the black! :-)

    ReplyDelete