Monday, June 24, 2013

Review! Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish in Sugar


Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish in Sugar is described as a "rose-glow luster".  It contains mint oil which I usually hate.  All of the other minty lip products I have tried have left my lips feeling weird.  Not the tingly bit, but the part after the tingly bit has started to wear off and it still feels minty, but like the mint has somehow gone rancid?  Anyway, this does not do that, and this is the first minty lip product I have tried that hasn't (all the other brands I have tried with this effect have been drugstore brands).  It also has the smell of yellow cake batter, and the faint taste of it, too.  It's a strange combo... yellow cake batter and mint, but still, surprisingly, I like it.

Before:

After:


The color is a deep rose pink with peach undertones.  It has a super-mini-micro silver glittery over-sheen, with teeny tiny gold flakes that settle more against the lip and gives depth. On the website, it looks like a brown nude.  It is not brown nude, it is a deep rose pink.  You might even be able to say it's a nude pink, but it is certainly NOT brown.

The silver over-sheen makes it photograph a lighter shade (meaning, clear) versus how it looks in real life.  Regardless, I think this color is a very universal color that should suit almost any skin tone and lip color.

I plan on trying out more colors from this line.  The gloss lasts about 2 or 3 hours.  It's not as good as Chanel Glossimer, but it's the closest second that I've found so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment