Monday, June 3, 2013

Review! MAC Lustreglass in Love Nectar

MAC Lustreglass in Love Nectar is on today's review menu.  A full size tube of this is 0.17 ounces, and costs $15.  MAC calls it an "ultra-soft apricot with pearl".

MAC says:
Two high-powered effects - Lustre and Glass - in one new lip finish. This amazing ornamental finish shines the lips with hi-shine overlaid with various tones of pearlized glaze. Beyond sexy. Transcends all known shine.



Hand Swatch:


Before:

After:

This gloss' tint matches my lip's overtones (the light peachy-pink color) exactly.  In regular photos, it just looks like a pretty, even toned gloss.  What you can't see, is the depth and all the layers of... stuff... they have in there.  The undertone is that peachy-pink, but there is also a pink pearl sheen (which is very close to my mid-tone lip color), and teeny-tiny flecks of gold glitter.  However, with one layer of application, I didn't get that look.  It just looked like clear gloss on me, because the undertone and overtone matches my overtone and midtone, respectively.  After another coat, it started to gain some depth, and when I really piled it on, the color started getting really cool looking. 

BUT.  Who the heck is going to be looking at my lips from 3 inches away to see all those neat effects?  Not many people, I can tell you that.  My man certainly could do without the lip goop, and my little girls... well, they just start asking for more kisses to that they can wear it, too.  I'm totally on to them.

Anyway, it's pretty, and I'll wear it, but I probably won't re-purchase it.  It takes too much product to get the "lustre" and "glass" effects.  It lasts an hour or two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment