Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Review! MAC Lipglass in Perky

I bought MACs Lipglass in Perky because it's purple.  I've never purchased a lilac purple gloss or lipstick, so I thought what the heck, I'll give it a go.  It swatches a pretty color, but I'm not about to try out a store sample on my lips (I've seen people apply sample lipsticks directly from the tube to their lips before... eeeeewwwwww.)




This color is amazing on my lips.  It is my new favorite lip gloss.  The purple color blends with my lip just enough to look natural, but not enough to just fade away.  This gloss is super-heavy on the sparkle, and I think that makes is perfect for summer.  In direct sunlight, it's nearly blinding.

Observe:
In regular, indirect lighting, it does bring a purple tint to the lips.  Everyone has multiple tones in their lips.  This shade happens to be one of my natural tones, so it wears well with my complexion.

Indoor lighting:

See?  That's not obnoxious at all.  It does have more of a purple-pearl effect in person when you first apply it, though, so don't freak out for the first few minutes of wearing it.


Speaking of... have you tried figuring out all the different tones you have?  It's pretty cool how many shades options open up once you figure out which colors appear on you naturally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment