Friday, September 6, 2013

Review! NYC Smooch Proof 16H Lip Stain - 494 Smooch Proof

One product that I return to again and again is lip stains.  I've tried so many of them over the years, with the usual mixed results.  Of all the brands I've tried, both high and low end, the ones I like the most are made by NYC.  I have four of their stain markers, and I wouldn't mind having a few more.
The product is held in a marker-type tube, and it has a rigid tip that is slightly pliable.  It easily draws a very defined line for the lip line, and you can fill in the rest of your lip by using the side of the tip.

Here is one of mine, in Smooch Proof:
The tube looks very dark, as if this is going to be a super-deep maroon. Once I put it on, it settles to a gorgeous, muted berry shade.  I love it; it is my most-used lip stain color.

Bare Lip:
Half Lip, one coat:

Full Lip, one coat:
Close up:
I really like to wear this color with Wet N Wild Silk Finish Lipstick in Breeze.  Like so:
These do not last 16 hours on me.  They do last through most drinks and snacks or light meals.  If eating something very oily, they fade faster.   They fade very uniformly from the lip, but tend to stick around on the lip line.

Overall, I really like this stain.  I will re-purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment