Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Review! NYC Smooch Proof 16H Lip Stain - 492 Never Ending Nude

One product that I return to again and again is lip stains.  I've tried so many of them over the years, with the usual mixed results.  Of all the brands I've tried, both high and low end, the ones I like the most are made by NYC.  I have four of their stain markers, and I wouldn't mind having a few more.
The product is held in a marker-type tube, and it has a rigid tip that is slightly pliable.  It easily draws a very defined line for the lip line, and you can fill in the rest of your lip by using the side of the tip.

Here is one of mine, in Never Ending Nude:
The tube looks brown.  I almost didn't buy it, because it looks SO brown.  However, once you remove the lid, you can see that the product is more of a mauve-brown.  Once on the lip, the pink is more pronounced.  It is too dark on me to really consider it nude, but it is a muted shade.

Bare Lip:
Half Lip, one coat:
Full Lip, one coat:
I really like to wear these with clear glosses or lip balm.  I also wear them underneath lipsticks to have a better base for lipstick fade.

These do not last 16 hours on me.  They do last through most drinks and snacks or light meals.  If eating something very oily, they fade faster.   They fade very uniformly from the lip, but tend to stick around on the lip line.

Overall, I really like this stain.  I will re-purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment