Friday, October 12, 2012

Lip Swatch! - Wet n Wild Megalast Matte Lipstick - Ravin' Raisin 916D

One of my most viewed posts is the swatch extravaganza here.  One of the search words that brings you dolls here is searching for the Ravin' Raisin Megalast Lipstick.
Ravin' Raisin 916D
So, I thought I'd do a more in-depth swatch, and show it on my lips!  I am quite pale skinned, and with all the Asian BB Creams I've been trying, the paleness is becoming more and more, well, pale.  So, this lipcolor has worked with my skintone as it has ranged from super-tan this summer to my usual pale-girl self.

First, bare lips.  I prepped them with a thin application of Lansinoh, which, by the way, is the best lip moisturizer I have ever found.
Ravin' Raisin 916D
Now, a thin layer, applied with a lip brush.  I'm sure you can tell, but yes, I left half of my lips bare for comparison.  This thin layer is very pretty and very subtle.  If you want an easy, non-scary way to add plum to your fall and winter makeup, this is a great way to do it!
Ravin' Raisin 916D
Now, one more thin layer, applied with a lip brush.  This color is still subtle enough for the office and daytime looks. 
Ravin' Raisin 916D
Now for what I would call full strength.  I ditched the brush and applied directly from the tube.  Then I smoothed the color in with my lipbrush.  Keep in mind that this is a matte formula, but it does go on creamy.  If you put some lip balm on your lips before applying it, and then mix it in well with your lipbrush, the formula will remain a satin finish.  If you apply the lipstick without any balm, the finish will look matte, but will feel satin on your lips.  It's weird, but kinda wonderful to have a matte lipstick that looks matte but doesn't feel drying.  Ok, full strength:
Ravin' Raisin 916D
Now for full lip.  I used my lipbrush to take color from the side I already did, and applied it to the bare side.  So the full lip color is somewhere in between two thin layers and the full strength.
Ravin' Raisin 916D
Now, I don't think you get a very accurate feeling of how bright or dark a color is by just seeing the lips, so here is the full face:
Ravin' Raisin 916D
It is darker and more intense in person (I promise I am going to get a better camera for these pics!!!).  But, it is still very wearable.

And yes, I'm no longer a brunette.  I am in the process of stripping all the dye out of my hair, so currently I'm a copper-orange head.  I'd say redhead, but you know, it really is copper-orange.  And yes, I do like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment