Thursday, April 18, 2013

Review! Boscia's MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil

I  got a little sample of Boscia's MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil from my local Sephora.  I hadn't asked for it, but I'm not one to turn down a cosmetics sample, so here we go!  Here is what I got:
 
Inside that little bag is a tiny pot filled with the cleanser.  As you may know, I use almond oil to cleanse my face, so this was really more of a test of how Boscia's formula measured up to my current routine.

Currently, I wipe my face off with a wet washcloth until my face looks fairly clean, then apply almond oil all over.  After a few moments of massaging it around, I wipe the oil off with a clean washcloth, and then use a bit more oil on cotton rounds to get my eye makeup off.  Finally, I apply just a little more oil to my skin to moisturize it, and I'm done.  Since using almond oil to wash my face, I have had a significant decrease in pore size, blackheads, and blemishes.  

I still use other facial washes, such as facial scrubs and Fresh Soy Cleanser, but I use those about twice a week, and then follow it with the almond oil routine.

To use the Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil, start with a dry, unwashed face.  Using a small amount (I read "one pump" was the amount to use, so I guessed since I didn't have a pump), massage the oil onto your face.  Then you wash the oil away with warm water and you are done!  Is it that easy?  Well, yes, it is.  

I massaged it around, and then washed my fingers off, and added water to the mix (to see what would happen... it turns milky looking), and then wiped the rest of it off with a wet washcloth (I hate splashing water on my face at a sink).  I was very cautious to use it around my eyes, because it contains menthol and eucalyptus oil, which will burn if you get it in your eyes.  So, a bit of the cleanser made it onto my eyelids from the washcloth, and it washed the eyeshadow right off.  However, because I didn't get much on there, I still had to clean up with my regular almond oil.

My skin was left very clean, and just a bit dry and tight feeling.  I moisturized with my almond oil, and that feeling went away.  So you probably don't need to worry about it feeling oily.

So, the surface result, is both methods pretty much work the same.  I have to be more careful that the Boscia doesn't get into my eyes; and using plain almond oil takes a bit more time than the Boscia.

It would seem that Boscia would at least tie with almond oil for my preferences, but it doesn't.  Why?  

Because here is what is in my almond oil:
Refined Expeller Pressed Almond Oil

And here is what is in Boscia's Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil:
Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-20 Hexacaprylate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Dextrin Palmitate, Menthol, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copper Chlorophyll, Water/Aqua/Eau, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Butylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Dipalmitate

I had to look that stuff up, and as I did, I realized it would take a really long time to explain what all of that is, so I'll leave it at this; I can get my almond oil for about $6 for 8 ounces, and the Boscia currently costs $28 for 5 ounces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment