Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Review! Buxom Lash Mascara in Blackest Black

In my quest for my perfect mascara, I tried out this one, Buxom Lash Mascara in Blackest Black.  This is a smaller size than normal, because it was part of a little kit, so a full-size will (obviously) be bigger than the one shown here.
I like that the mascara is not waterproof, yet it does not run down my lower eyelid.  I have taken a nap with it on, and it did migrate down, but I think that is to be expected.

The wand is one of those all plastic wands with more widely spaced, hard bristles, and you probably know that I prefer a spoolie brush wand. 

One swipe will give you natural coverage, and it is pretty easy to build up the layers.  There is a tendency, of course, to start clumping as you add more layers, but if you keep brushing at them, they will un-clump.

Before and After (two coats):


You can really build it up a lot more than I've shown here, but I wanted to show that it WILL unclump if you keep brushing out each layer with the wand.  It can go on in a sort of blob (not a clump, just a lot of product in one spot), so you need to brush it to make it distribute evenly.  Ok, I think I hammered that point home, yes?

Also, keep in mind that the tips of my eyelashes are blonde, so you just can't see them in the "before" pictures.  This does NOT lengthen your lashes.

Overall, I liked it.  However, because it does not have my preferred spoolie wand, I'll not repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment